Health Issue

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
gg13
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Health Issue

Postby gg13 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:53 pm

Hello. I’ve had my blue tongue skink since 2018 with never any problems before. Recently my blue tongue skink has yellow crust around his mouth and eyes. I was told to clean it daily and give him warm bath soaks. He has been lethargic and not eating. I am coming here literally just made an account to find help because today he is bleeding from his eyes ? He was not doing that at any time before nor today. I have cleaned it with warm water and gently with a Q-tip but this is obviously serious. I read here there is a vet in Fort Lauderdale that could attend BTS (I am in Miami) but when I look up the clinic it was not the one listed. This is my first blue tongue skink and I am honestly super stressing because I don’t want to lose him. Please let me know of literally anything that can help him, literally whatever it takes !! Before and After pics attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Re: Health Issue

Postby Janella » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:58 pm

Hi there. I am very sorry your skink is so sick. I HIGHLY recommend getting it into this vet https://exoticanimalcare.com They are absolutely amazing and have years and years experience working with reptiles/exotics. I would tell them it is an emergency. Explain the situation. I am not going to lie...your skink looks bad. I also don't like the bleeding from the eyes. CALL NOW and get it checked. Keep me/us updated on what you find out.
gg13
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby gg13 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:33 pm

The sign of blood was really the sign of end. Unfortunately he passed. Thank you for trying to help I am truly heartbroken…
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:46 am

I was very worried that was going to happen. I am truly sorry for your loss.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”