Stuck scales?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
CircusCandi12
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Your Facebook name: Eddie Simmons

Stuck scales?

Postby CircusCandi12 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:53 pm

Hi guys. My 1-year-old Indonesian just finished shedding recently... But he still has a few scales stuck to him. I mist his tank at least 3 times a day and even washed him in warm water a few days ago, but he still has scales stuck to his back and toes. How can I help him some more? I don't want to pull them off myself because they don't seem loose enough and I don't want to hurt him.
Proud papa of Stryker the Indonesian~
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Stuck scales?

Postby splashy07 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:36 am

A little mineral oil on them should work just fine. I've had much sucess with this process when I used to do rescues.
CircusCandi12
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Your Facebook name: Eddie Simmons

Re: Stuck scales?

Postby CircusCandi12 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:12 am

splashy07 wrote:A little mineral oil on them should work just fine. I've had much sucess with this process when I used to do rescues.

Thank you so much!
Proud papa of Stryker the Indonesian~

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”