Good places to get snails

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
SkittleTheSkink
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Good places to get snails

Postby SkittleTheSkink » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:11 pm

So I have had my blue tongue skink for about a year now and he (or she) never had snails and I would like to learn a good place to get snail in New York Long Island thanks.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Good places to get snails

Postby splashy07 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:25 am

Zoo med makes a product called can o' snails, very expensive though for a small can. I am also from Long Island. Repxotica is owned by a friend of mine and he carries them. They are also sold from online vendors such as Chewy and Pet Mountain. I assure you though, you'll get a case of sticker shock when you see the price. It's gotten so out of hand I have stopped buying them.
Herpin Man
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Herpin Man » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:50 am

Many Asian grocery stores sell frozen snails. That’s what I do for my pink tongues.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:54 am

I was afraid to buy from markets not knowing how these things are processed...have you been using long term?
Herpin Man
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Herpin Man » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:14 am

I’ve had pink tongues for about four years, and their staple foods are snails and cat food.
The frozen snails I use are usually cooked, occasionally raw. As near as I can determine, nothing is added. I think it’s safe to assume that there are going to be more additives in the cat food, regardless.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”