Hey, new skink owner, stressed about feeding

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Tristan179
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Hey, new skink owner, stressed about feeding

Postby Tristan179 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:55 am

Hi! I just recently picked up an axanthic blue tongued skink, she’s about 2 months old and I’ve had her a little over a week, I’ve been told to offer her food daily and so I’ve been doing so but today will be day 3 of her hiding under her log. She hasn’t been coming out for food and the thought of her going a third day without eating is stressful, I’m wondering should I handle her and try to feed her from my hand? That way she also can try to adjust to being handled a bit, or just let her hide and do her thing. Another thing that concerned me is she has been hiding on the colder side, so I’m a bit stressed about feeding her because of that as well because I know their digestive system slows down and I don’t want her to get sick. Just stressed about doing everything right is all, any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”