Page 1 of 1

Sanitizing Branches

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:46 pm
by ThatOneReptileNoob
So I found an AMAZING stick while on a fishing trip, and I would like to use it in an enclosure. The only problem is that it’s too big to boil and I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t fit in the oven. Is there some way I can sanitize it, or will I just have to use it as decor for my room (aka MY enclosure :D )?

Re: Sanitizing Branches

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:24 am
by splashy07
Depends on where you found it. I found a huge piece of driftwood on the beach in Florida many years back, beautifully bleached by the sun. Hosed it off and threw it in. Never an issue. If it was in a damp area, I'd just do the same and let it sit out in the hot sun for a while. Once it's completely dried out, all inhabitants should be eradicated...although more than likely harmless anyway.

Re: Sanitizing Branches

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:14 am
by ThatOneReptileNoob
Alright, thanks. Will it be a problem if I don’t do that immediately after finding it? It’s actually been sitting on a shelf for a few weeks because I forgot it, and it’s pretty much the rainy season here so I think it would just get wetter if I took it out now. :lol:

Re: Sanitizing Branches

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:21 am
by splashy07
I'd just keep it somewhere dry for a while.

Re: Sanitizing Branches

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:17 am
by ThatOneReptileNoob
Cool. Thanks for your help!