Irritating Scents?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
edwintheskink
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Irritating Scents?

Postby edwintheskink » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:32 am

Hello!

I have had my northern BTS for almost a year now and one thing that has always bugged me is whether skinks can suffer respiratory issues because of strong scents in the home. I am talking candles, essential oils, scented cinnamon broomsticks (I just got one and it is STRONG smelling). Does anyone know if any of these are known to cause issues with skinks?

Thanks!
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Irritating Scents?

Postby splashy07 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:40 am

I can't say it would cause an issue, BUT....your skink is unable to tell you....and also unable to avoid it so I would not use in his vicinity. There is no way they would encounter such things in their natural environment and their respiratory systems may be unable to handle it.
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Re: Irritating Scents?

Postby Janella » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:07 pm

I agree completely.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”