New skink with mites

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Y33T
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

New skink with mites

Postby Y33T » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:34 pm

I’m back and I recently got another bluey named Hestu, he’s a 4-6 month old eastern. Sadly he came home riddled with mites and I’m currently treating him with home remedies like vegetable oil. I give him baths everyday and deep clean his tank using bleach dilute twice a week. How long does it usually take completely eradicate mites? Are my methods working or do I actually need to get mite spray or something more effective?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1.0.2 Tiliqua scincoides scincoides, Kirra, Bajo and Hestu <3
BenH
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: New skink with mites

Postby BenH » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:34 am

I have used the Taurrus LIVE Biological Mite Control ( little mites that feed on the skinks mites )before , I cleaned the viv put new substrate back in then treated all my animals , repeated about 4 weeks later and had no problems , was advised this method over the mite sprays .
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: New skink with mites

Postby mb606587 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:52 pm

Have heard good things about the Taurus mites.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”