Page 1 of 1

Subspecies Identification Help

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:07 pm
by Ashair
I got this little one at an expo the other day. I was told its a Northern but would like to confirm. Thanks for any help.

Re: Subspecies Identification Help

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:45 am
by splashy07
Definitely not. It's a halmahera locale indonesian import. Requires very high humidity, and as imports commonly carry parasites, a vet check is recommended.

Re: Subspecies Identification Help

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:56 pm
by rixusaku
Yeah, northerns don't look anything close to that. Whoever you bought the little guy from has no idea what they're talking about. :(

I agree with splashy on getting them checked out by a vet, a lot of imports can have some mild complications starting out.

This is what a baby northern looks like:
northern_5__41708.1493813945.jpg

Re: Subspecies Identification Help

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:08 pm
by Ashair
Thanks for the replies! Yeah I didn't think it was a northern but wanted confirmation. He/she will definitely be getting a check up at the vet.