Found larva in can`o worms

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Taz
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Found larva in can`o worms

Postby Taz » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:30 pm

I found two larva like looking things in a zoo meds can`o worms.
I low-key freaking out because I don't know what they are. Can anyone help me with this?
tbcorbett
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Found larva in can`o worms

Postby tbcorbett » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:51 am

Hello!! I have never bought a Can Of Worms from zoomed, but I believe it's a can of mealworms, right?

Well, mealworms are actually the larva of darkling beetles, and this looks like a couple mealworms pupating to me! I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like in my opinion ^^
Poo
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Found larva in can`o worms

Postby Poo » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:16 pm

tbcorbett wrote:Hello!! I have never bought a Can Of Worms from zoomed, but I believe it's a can of mealworms, right?

Well, mealworms are actually the larva of darkling beetles, and this looks like a couple mealworms pupating to me! I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like in my opinion ^^

Yes, It's a can of mealworms. This is what mealworm pupa look like:

Perhaps they are just another of Zoomed's feeders that have managed to find their way into the can, or something has laid eggs in their live mealworm bins. Nothing to fuss about though, it's all protein! :lol:

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”