Where to find a good hygrometer

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
zapper1234566
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Where to find a good hygrometer

Postby zapper1234566 » Sun May 30, 2021 8:13 am

I've been looking around for a good hygrometer for my enclosure in prep for getting a BTS. The issue is, I, for the life of me, cannot find one that isn't a cheap 5 dollar one, or a 500 dollar one meant for a home weather station. What do you all use?
rixusaku
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Where to find a good hygrometer

Postby rixusaku » Sun May 30, 2021 6:20 pm

I use the Zilla Thermometer Humidity Gauge (Digital Combo) currently. They seem to work really well. I'm thinking of switching it out for something more like this for convenience of looking at the meters. Right now the one's I'm currently using are on each side of the enclosure but it would be nice to have something I can put on the top or hang off the front. The cords on the Zilla one are pretty short.

| Noodle | Male | 3 years | Northern |
| My Care Experience: Since January 2021 |
ThatOneReptileNoob
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Where to find a good hygrometer

Postby ThatOneReptileNoob » Sun May 30, 2021 8:17 pm

I got some off brand two pack from Amazon. It had good reviews and fit the budget, so in the cart it went. :lol:
I’ve been testing them for the past couple days, and they at the very least seem accurate. https://www.amazon.com/Hygrometer-Therm ... r_hp_atf_m I think this is it.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”