Page 1 of 1

Is this a good list for a skink?

Posted: Mon May 24, 2021 7:48 pm
by TheGreenYoutuber
Link to the list
Feel free to give me any recommendations. I haven't found the terrarium yet, but I'll check my local pet stores.
For the diet, I was thinking premium cat food, collard greens, and strawberries/mango as a juvenile then switching to dog food as an adult.
Also, are morphmarket and faunaclassifieds good places to buy?

Re: Is this a good list for a skink?

Posted: Tue May 25, 2021 3:55 pm
by Noodlebasket
I would recommend trying to find a PVC enclosure. They will last longer and hold humidity much better than their glass counterparts.
https://reptifiles.com/blue-tongue-skink-care/ This is a good guide to start with as you figure out which subspecies you want and how you want to set up the enclosure.
I believe most subspecies are giving birth around this time so you should start seeing babies on the market.
If at all possible I would highly recommend buying locally, the more info you can find about the animals parents and care the better! That being said Morph Market is a well run site with some good sellers, you can even find some sellers in your area with their map!

Re: Is this a good list for a skink?

Posted: Tue May 25, 2021 6:08 pm
by Janella
Hello there, so I would do plenty of research before you get your skink. Find the best type of enclosure that works well for you with the species of skink that you are interested in. There is many different reptile enclosures for sale on the market. As for diet most people do start their skinks on cat food while young and then switch to dog food after 8 months or so. I highly recommend you follow our feeding guidelines. Skinks need 50% protein source, 40% veggies, and 10% fruit based diet. Lastly, there is a ton of great breeders on this forum. Check the classifieds for posts of babies for sale.