WET CATFOOD

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Binkywinky
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

WET CATFOOD

Postby Binkywinky » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:47 am

is wet catfood a good choice for your skink or is that just a lazy cut to giving them the full nutrients they need?

finally found the place my friend bought my barnaby from and asked a few questions as to if hes wild caught or captive bred (which they can still lie to me but better to ask anyways) the convo turned up that they feed him premium cat food i forgot to ask the brand and i wanted to come here to get advice if wet cat food is a good source or not. if it is what cat food is the safest and best quality and if it isnt why is a pet store giving them cat food???
B
King Julien
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: WET CATFOOD

Postby King Julien » Wed May 05, 2021 4:56 am

Cat food is good for juvenile skinks, but if your skink is an adult dog food is better. Skink owners usually choose cat/dog food over their own meat mix because it contains a wide range of vitamins and nutrition. Check ingredients for any toxic foods and make sure it is grain-free.
Also feed the skink chopped vege. Food may vary from juvenile to adult skink, but for adult skinks I know it's 40%meat, 50%vege, 10% fruit as well as calcium n vitamin supplements.
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Re: WET CATFOOD

Postby Janella » Wed May 05, 2021 6:36 pm

The above reply is good. There is much debate about the use of cat food and dog food. However, I have known keepers for years and years breed and have only fed dog food and their skinks are fine. Cat food for babies and then switch to dog food as they get older. If you haven't checked it out yet, follow our forums feeding guide. Alot of useful information.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”