Would a Northern BTS rather be in an all glass or PVC enclosure?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
splashy07

Re: Would a Northern BTS rather be in an all glass or PVC enclosure?

Postby splashy07 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:14 am

When you're ready look me up, I'll have them around this time of year!
Good luck with your setting up, It's nice to see someone doing their homework BEFORE they buy, rather than an impulse buy at a pet shop that knows nothing about what they are selling.
I am trying to increase the population of captive bred at fair prices to at least cut down on the horrendous importation process. You would not believe the horrors I have seen in my years. And, unfortunately, it has not gotten any better. All the best to you.
Rob
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Rob » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:36 am

:D Splashy, thank you! That sounds awesome!
splashy07

Postby splashy07 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:55 am

You are very welcome.
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby mb606587 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:56 am

Very nice set up splashy. I use wooden enclosures and am pretty happy with them. Although obviously with wood, one has to be mindful of sealing. I've used my spare time during the pandemic to rebuild all of my enclosures.
IMG_6781.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rob
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Rob » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:34 pm

Those are beautiful. I love the color of the wood. Not handy here but curious what you used to seal the wood from moisture.
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby mb606587 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:07 pm

I used multiple coats of water based polyurethane and I lined the enclosure floor with a waterproof rubber membrane that I had laying around from when I renovated one of my bathrooms. That membrane is used to protect subflooring in high moisture areas like kitchens, bathrooms, and showers. Here is a picture of it in use over the subfloor in my bathroom.
20190727_124733.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”