My bluey is having this red hue?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Arashi3
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

My bluey is having this red hue?

Postby Arashi3 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:33 am

I have had my blue tongue for 7+ years or so now and he has always been healthy and happy and he was chilling with me today and I noticed this red on all his scales and I hadn't seen it before he has been more active lately and had a fine hibernation and everything in his tank has been normal. I don't know what it is and if it's normal or if he is sick as he been super cuddly and active. I have attached pictures and if you know anything please let me know as I am worried he looks bruised. This only happened today since yesterday he looked normal. I did give him some refrigerated meal worms which he never had the refrigerator ones before but i don't know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rixusaku
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: My bluey is having this red hue?

Postby rixusaku » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:03 am

I dont know what that would be. If it doesnt change back after a couple days after you noticed it I would take him to the vet just in case. Sounds weird for them to change colors suddenly, especially after everything has been normal for him for years.

I hope everything is fine with him or that he gets better soon! Keep us posted.
| Noodle | Male | 2 years | Northern |
| My Care Experience: Since January 2021 |

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”