What time of year are BTS born?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
rixusaku
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

What time of year are BTS born?

Postby rixusaku » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:14 am

What months are blue tongue skinks usually born in? I've been getting mixed information on it online with people saying they're born mid to late summer but then saying they're born in December-February...which is late winter to early spring, not summer. I was under the assumption that December-February was their mating season.

The place I got Noodle at still hasn't gotten back to me on a birth date for him since they seem to be having some trouble getting in contact with the breeder. I just want to have an approximation of an actual age for him. They did tell me that he was 2 years old when I bought him. I was thinking he'd be turning 3 this summer based off that information, but if BTS are usually born Dec-Feb then he won't be turning three until next year.
| Noodle | Male | 2 years | Northern |
| My Care Experience: Since January 2021 |
splashy07

Re: What time of year are BTS born?

Postby splashy07 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:39 am

They are not all born at the same time. Northern's breeding range is late January to mid march. Births range from May to July. Easterns breeding range is late December to mid February. Their gestation period is shorter, births around late March to late May. Meraukes breed in late October to early December.
I am speaking for the Northeast, and of my own experience. It all varies by where you live.
There is no set rule for any of this. The average span of Northern birth in this country is May to August.
rixusaku
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: What time of year are BTS born?

Postby rixusaku » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:55 am

Alright, that makes sense. I did originally think they're usually born within the same span of months.

Thank you for the information! Now I know Noodle is turning three at some point in the next few months. :D
| Noodle | Male | 2 years | Northern |
| My Care Experience: Since January 2021 |

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”