Eastern keeping one eye closed

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Vendettea
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Eastern keeping one eye closed

Postby Vendettea » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:44 pm

Hi everyone! I really need some help. I've had my Eastern Blue Tongue for a little over a month now, and about a week ago I noticed he was keeping his left eye closed a lot. Sometimes when he walks around he opens it, but sometimes he'll explore with it closed. It doesn't look swollen, there's no discharge, no redness, he eats well and explores and burrows in his tank... I have no idea what it could be. I posted about it on reddit and only got one response saying it could be a bacterial infection.

I live near a reptile shop so I took him in to see them and ask them about it. One guy had a look and said he could just be doing it because he wants to rest and also look around to make sure he's safe, but he does it almost constantly. Once he opens it and stops moving, he'll slowly close it again and leave it closed. I can't find any reptile vets near me, I don't know what to do. :(

motleyeye1.jpg

motleyeye2.jpg

motleyeye3.jpg

motleyeye4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”