Northern, Northern x IJ or northern x tanimbar????

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
lleeaannnnee83
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Northern, Northern x IJ or northern x tanimbar????

Postby lleeaannnnee83 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:07 pm

Bought this beautiful little skink for my son. Told it was northern. I believed. Have now been told by many it's a hybrid. I would like to get opinions as there are too many similarities between those subs that I just don't know. I am just looking for a little help. Thankyou in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by lleeaannnnee83 on Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lleeaannnnee83
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Northern x IJ or northern x tanimbar????

Postby lleeaannnnee83 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:15 pm

Or is he/she a morphed northern?

These parent pics which to me look northerns.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ThatOneReptileNoob
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Northern, Northern x IJ or northern x tanimbar????

Postby ThatOneReptileNoob » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:52 pm

I’m new to this myself, but those parents look like a couple of northerns to me. They certainly look a little different to other northerns, but there are crazy color variations even in wild type northerns. Just take a look at some of the skinks Reptile Mountain has! :lol:
lleeaannnnee83
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby lleeaannnnee83 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:26 pm

ThatOneReptileNoob wrote:I’m new to this myself, but those parents look like a couple of northerns to me. They certainly look a little different to other northerns, but there are crazy color variations even in wild type northerns. Just take a look at some of the skinks Reptile Mountain has! :lol:

Thankyou I hope they are and she/he is just a morph but again I'm new too.
splashy07

Postby splashy07 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:23 am

Hybridizing is frowned upon, and IMO I have no idea why people do it, they are doing nothing but devaluing the animal but there are some that do. They should all get cats instead.
What you have there appears to be a beautiful color phase of a northern, last season I produced one very similar.
lleeaannnnee83
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby lleeaannnnee83 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:44 am

splashy07 wrote:Hybridizing is frowned upon, and IMO I have no idea why people do it, they are doing nothing but devaluing the animal but there are some that do. They should all get cats instead.
What you have there appears to be a beautiful color phase of a northern, last season I produced one very similar.

Completely agree with you. Do not agree with hybridization. I was merely asking through doubtfulness seeded by other people. I believed was northern and a beautiful one too.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”