Odd urate or sperm plug?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Kiki_Leaf
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Odd urate or sperm plug?

Postby Kiki_Leaf » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:42 am

I've had my current Irian-Jaya for a few years now, and took "her" in when the previous owner surrendered (they had her roughly 16yrs I've had her for 4 now) and normally Turipi (name) goes to the bathroom in one specific section of her enclosure (makes for wonderful and easy clean up) but this morning Turi went in the water dish and I noticed that along with the white pearl of regular urate, there was also a large collection of mucus looking waste alongside it.

It's quite a lot, and I'm wondering if this is sperm? I'm waiting on a call back from the vet since Turi is due for her yearly check up soon, so I figure I might as well check here to know if it's worth bringing it in for the vet or not.

I've never had a male skink before, so I'm not sure how much the volume of their plugs or ejaculate would be, as my other reptiles give off smaller amounts when the males push some out purely because they're smaller reptiles.

Photo attached. It has sat a couple minutes so it's not as clear as it was when it first came out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”