Can a skink eat peanut butter?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Coolcar91
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Can a skink eat peanut butter?

Postby Coolcar91 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:07 pm

Hi! I have a completely random question. Could a blue tongue skink eat peanut butter, or any nuts for that matter? I haven’t seen anything about it, and it seems like it could be a good source of protein for them. I know peanut butter probably has added sugar too, so maybe that’s bad for them? My skink is eating well, but I’m just curious about whether this could be an option, and if not, why?

Thank you for satisfying my random curiosity!
As I recently learned:
0.0.1 Northern: Gimli!
40colby
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Can a skink eat peanut butter?

Postby 40colby » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:21 pm

I think I'd stick to what they would come across in nature. I'd think any nut the size of a peanut or bigger could give them an intestinal blockage, so if they couldn't have it naturally, I don't think giving them something processed of it would be a good thing to do. I'd check out the area of the site that has I think a pretty extensive discussion on good/bad foods to feed a skink.
Coolcar91
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Can a skink eat peanut butter?

Postby Coolcar91 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:29 am

Okay, thanks for the response! He has plenty of food and I definitely use this site’s food chart, but it just seems like a easy protein that might be usable. Thank you!
As I recently learned:
0.0.1 Northern: Gimli!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”