Page 1 of 1
orange peeling scale
Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:35 pm
by bartholemew
I got my bts out and noticed this scale. it was peeling and orange and I'm concerned about what it might be because the humidity has been low for a few days. any ideas on what it might be? and how should I treat it? thanks, pictures below I couldn't get any good ones sorry.
IMG_7543.jpg
IMG_7544.jpg
IMG_7545.jpg
Re: orange peeling scale
Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:48 pm
by Janella
Was it just a piece of stuck shed? With the pictures, I can't tell exactly. That is what it looks like to me. if so, it should be fine as long as you got the shed off.
Re: orange peeling scale
Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:55 pm
by bartholemew
that's what I thought so what would be the safest way to get it off without hurting him?
Re: orange peeling scale
Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:26 pm
by Janella
Soak with a little mineral oil and see if it loosens up
Re: orange peeling scale
Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:00 pm
by bartholemew
ok thanks.