Possible minor injury on merauke - want advice

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Blootoongskonk
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Possible minor injury on merauke - want advice

Postby Blootoongskonk » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:41 pm

Hey everyone! Sorry if this should be in the advanced discussion forum, but it did say basic issues could be posted here in general

So my merauke is an active boy and he tends to be a bit on the reckless side and usually tends to treat gravity as a convenient way to get around. I suspect he may have cut/scratched himself in one of his many misadventures. Of course, I don't know if that is 100% what it is and would very much like to confirm whether this is a small little cut or whether it's something worse, god forbid.

I keep his average humidity at 70-80% and his temps on a nice gradient of around 24-26 on his cool end and 33-36 on his hot end, in case any of that helps.

For reference, I have tried wiping it away incase it was food or dirt, but to no avail.

Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Re: Possible minor injury on merauke - want advice

Postby Janella » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:32 pm

Hello, it does look like your skink got a little scrap or cut. You can apply a triple antibiotic ointment to the area to help it heal. You can also use chlorhexidine or betadine to clean it.
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Possible minor injury on merauke - want advice

Postby mb606587 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:11 pm

Agreed. Looks pretty minor and likely to clear up on its own. Triple antibiotic ointment is a solid suggestion. Obviously, if the condition noticeably worsens, which is unlikely, a vet would be required for prescription strength antibiotics.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”