Overweight?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Caffee
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Your Facebook name: No facebook! But follow me
@little.bear.garden on insta!

Overweight?

Postby Caffee » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:53 pm

Hi all! So i noticed since cheerio turned one she has looked a bit more “stocky” and appears to have a bit of pudge under her chin. The stockiness doesnt concern me as much since it could just be a sign that shes female, but the chin pudge does. She currently gets fed once a week, her staple protein being chicken and ground turkey with the occasional egg and/or ground beef. Shes gotten picky in the past month with leafy greens; but likes yellow squash, carrots, and bell peppers. She also gets a little bit of fruit with her meal and gets apple slices in the morning. Her current weight is 538 grams and she is a northern.

Heres a before and after photo
First photo was from today, second was from may 1st
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Re: Overweight?

Postby Janella » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:33 pm

Hard to tell from these pictures. Get some of directly over the top. However her weight sounds fine. My male is about 900g.
Caffee
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Your Facebook name: No facebook! But follow me
@little.bear.garden on insta!

Re: Overweight?

Postby Caffee » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:31 am

Janella wrote:Hard to tell from these pictures. Get some of directly over the top. However her weight sounds fine. My male is about 900g.

Sorry she was hiding when i posted this, heres an over top.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”