Page 1 of 1

mouthrot/jaw exercise.

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:33 pm
by Manny
The vast majority of food/diets I have seen for bts, consists of shredded/small cut items/mush type diets. Which has made me wonder about a couple of things. BTS skinks are known for having a powerful bite and occasionally suffer from mouthrot. Is there some type of food (other than snails, not avail locally and don't trust myself to self collect/cleanse them) that can be offered that would exercise their jaws/cleanse out food particles inside their mouths to reduce bacteria? I was thinking dog kibble, however what I have read always recommends to soak it.

Just curious as I haven't seen this addressed anywhere so far.

Re: mouthrot/jaw exercise.

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:35 am
by splashy07
Mine have dry food available in their cages at all times. Some of them really like it. No need to soak it.

Re: mouthrot/jaw exercise.

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:29 am
by Manny
Thanks Splashy, great infot to know! :)