Page 1 of 1

How handleable are bts?

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:13 pm
by Relle
I'm a few days away from being a BTS owner. My question before I make the decision is from your experience, how are they with handling? Can I have them out for quite awhile on warm days? Just making sure I'm making the right decision. I chose to get a skink because of their easier diet and care.

Re: How handleable are bts?

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:58 pm
by Caffee
Honestly, it varies from skink to skink. Cant say ive owned every type of skink, but by what many people say, personality and sub species plays a big roll (along with if they are WC, CB, or CBB). Northerns have been known to be the best option especially for first time owners because of their great temperament and handleability, the fact you can only purchase a CBB northern plays a big part in that (unless your from Australia). Eastern’s are the same way i believe. Indonesians tend to be more rough around the edges and take a lot more time and effort to really get them used to you. This is typically because almost any Indonesian you purchase will be WC. These 3 subspecies are the most common, but there are others but i cant really confidently tell you how their temperaments are.

All in all, though where you get them from and what species you get does play a major role, personality and the amount of effort your willing to put in will be your tell all. You can end up with the nicest indonesian and/or the meanest northern.