Hi! so I got my northern blue tongue 2-3 weeks ago, and I've only recently been trying to handle my skink. Today I picked them up and noticed that they had several upturned scales, and it has me slightly worried. On closer inspection I do see some white specs on them, does this mean mites?
Edit: I managed to find some black specks moving and I crushed one and there was blood, it’s mites.
A couple raised scales
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
Akira
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 2
- Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:22 am
- Country: Hong_Kong
- Location: Hong_Kong
A couple raised scales
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current Skinks
Narga: Northern Blue tongue
Bazel: Shingleback Skink
Narga: Northern Blue tongue
Bazel: Shingleback Skink
- Janella
- ADMIN

- Posts: 1854
- Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:52 am
- Your Facebook name: Janella Poch
- Country:
- Location: Petersburg, Mi
Re: A couple raised scales
Yes, definitely mites....start treating right away. There is many threads on here regarding how to handle. Good luck.
-
Akira
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 2
- Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:22 am
- Country: Hong_Kong
- Location: Hong_Kong
Re: A couple raised scales
Seeing as my skink is around 2 months old I am kinda stumped on how to proceed. i also live in Hong Kong so I’m not sure if the products most people post here will be available. I’ll be giving them a bath when I get home from work and cleaning out the tank.
Current Skinks
Narga: Northern Blue tongue
Bazel: Shingleback Skink
Narga: Northern Blue tongue
Bazel: Shingleback Skink
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 274 guests
