Tanimbars
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
Manny
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 91
- Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:25 am
- Country: Canada
- Location: Newfoundland
Tanimbars
Still absorbing as much info as I can about the different bts species/subspecies. I've been wondering about the description of tanimbar behaviour. Many of them describe them as feisty and/or aggressive. Which made me wonder if it is aggressive/aggressive or more of a timid/defensive? Hope the way I worded that makes sense.
-
Silonal
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 4
- Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 3:28 pm
- Country: USA
Re: Tanimbars
I can’t speak for all tanimbars, but mine is definitely more defensive. Mine is generally very calm now but when caught off guard, they can get very huffy. Otherwise, they have never been “aggressive” in the sense of actively tried to hurt anyone for no reason, even when they first arrived.
-
Manny
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 91
- Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:25 am
- Country: Canada
- Location: Newfoundland
Re: Tanimbars
Greatly appreciate the reply. I reached out to Mel's Exotics as she breeds them. She has both CB's and LTC's. She described the CB's as being more shy, reclusive and defensive, Compared to other sub species. Which paints a different picture (at least for me) than a description of aggressive and/or feisty.
Sounds to me that with some time and patience you're going to have some really nice handeable tanimbars!
Sounds to me that with some time and patience you're going to have some really nice handeable tanimbars!
-
Manny
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 91
- Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:25 am
- Country: Canada
- Location: Newfoundland
Re: Tanimbars
Interesting enough while looking for info on the tanimbar islands/tanimbar bts's. I ran across an article that seemed to suggest a high incidence of predation by birds and also mentioned cats and rats. Made me wonder if that is due to shipwrecks from the old sailing days. I am under the impression that tanimbars are also indigenous to a couple of other islands as well. It would be interesting to see a study done on that. Might account for this smaller, muscular and defensive sub species. I just find this really interesting. 
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 259 guests
