Vivarium placement
Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:55 am
I may be moving house shortly, to somewhere smaller and shared. Space is limited, obviously im going nowhere without Ventress. Im just trying to figure out where i can put his viv, so can you give me your tips on placement.
Window wise - I understand direct sunlight is an issue, would slat blinds alleviate this? One room has a piano in it that I think the housemate plays, is piano noise an issue? If put directly under a window is there any problems with that (draft etc)?
I am also concerned with him doing any free roaming as its an old house and i dont trust there not to be places he can hide, is it detremental to his health not to let him free roam? We have cut his free roaming down alot anyway lately to reduce any humidity changes for his chest.
I will be getting a viv of same dimensions 4x2x2 so that should feel fairly familiar to him. (The old one is falling to bits) i will set it up prior to moving him the 30 min car journey so he can just go straight in.
Any more tips on how to make this better for him or easier id really appreciate, currently he is the main reason i am holding out on moving which is causing problems. Help! Lol x
Window wise - I understand direct sunlight is an issue, would slat blinds alleviate this? One room has a piano in it that I think the housemate plays, is piano noise an issue? If put directly under a window is there any problems with that (draft etc)?
I am also concerned with him doing any free roaming as its an old house and i dont trust there not to be places he can hide, is it detremental to his health not to let him free roam? We have cut his free roaming down alot anyway lately to reduce any humidity changes for his chest.
I will be getting a viv of same dimensions 4x2x2 so that should feel fairly familiar to him. (The old one is falling to bits) i will set it up prior to moving him the 30 min car journey so he can just go straight in.
Any more tips on how to make this better for him or easier id really appreciate, currently he is the main reason i am holding out on moving which is causing problems. Help! Lol x