Page 1 of 1

Skinny Skink! Help!

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:35 am
by Stephy8
Hi everyone! We were given this guy yesterday, he is very flat and skinny! What can we do to help him?
He lived at the bottom of a bird cage with another blue tongue for around 7 years, the other one was a good size so we’re thinking it was dominant. I’ve offered him food and water but he is not keen.
Please help!

Re: Skinny Skink! Help!

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:28 pm
by Janella
Hi and welcome. Thank you so much for saving this skink. I hope someone took the other one as well? Get better pictures of your skink and we can identify the species. For now provide the proper care and diet and it will come around. We have a feeding guidelines on this forum that will help you. Just keep offering a variety of foods and I am sure it will come around.