Page 1 of 1

Swallowing substrate

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:28 pm
by ChristianH26
Hi I could do with some reassurance hahah. Stevie’s light has just switched off for the night and then ten minutes later I happened to notice him almost chewing. His bedding is cypress mulch soil stuff and just coconut forest fibres sort of stuff and he seemed to have some wet (humid) soil around his mouth then he was gaping for 2 minutes or so then yawned a few times. He’s never displayed anything like this before. Is it possible that because of burrowing for the night he accidentally got a mouth full of soil and was struggling to get it down ? Thanks.

Following on from this he’s settled down now and doesn’t seem to be having a problem any longer. I’m sure it will but some ingested substrate will be fine won’t it ? :)

Re: Swallowing substrate

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:11 pm
by Janella
Your skink should be just fine. They can do things like that from time to time.

Re: Swallowing substrate

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:07 am
by ChristianH26
Okay thank you.