Hello everyone, this is my first time posting on this forum but I've been relying on you guy's helpful insight and information so I want to start by saying thank you for that!
Now currently I have just finished my 5th day of owning a baby blue tongue and as expected I've ran into some of the common difficulties that come with a scared and curious baby.
I recognize that most of the typical issues will resolve themselves within a few weeks once the skink becomes more comfortable, however, my main concern is the health and safety of my little guy(not sexed).
The issue is that the baby is spending a fair portion of his time throughout the day digging at and climbing against the corner of his enclosure. He's being housed in a 36x18x18 tank and his temperatures and humidity seem on point. He also has multiple hides on both the hot and cold sides. I am concerned that if this behavior doesn't stop he may start to rub his nose raw or even worse get saddle back from trying to climb the glass. I've covered the back and sides of the tank, but I've chosen to leave the front uncovered. Does anyone have an idea about what might be causing this issue? He's very curious and not nearly as scared of me as he was previously, granted it has still only been a short while since he moved into his new home. I can say for certain that this is his first time living in a glass enclosure.
1.5 month old Northern BTS climbing and rubbing walls.
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
NineDivine
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 7
- Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:22 pm
- Country: America
- Location: TX
- splashy07
- ADMIN

- Posts: 3191
- Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:24 am
- Country: USA
- Location: Farmingdale,LI,NY
Re: 1.5 month old Northern BTS climbing and rubbing walls.
If not used to glass, this is common. They do not understand a wall they can see through. It may subside, but if not i'd suggest covering sides and back of cage. Back in the day when I used glass tanks I'd cover with black paper.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 157 guests
