Base jumper

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
ChristianH26
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Base jumper

Postby ChristianH26 » Thu May 28, 2020 7:06 am

Hello all, I’m sure this has happened to many owners but today my blue tongue skink decided to kamikaze about 4 feet off my girlfriends shoulder onto a wood floor. He looked a bit stunned but walks fine and doesn’t look in any pain. I’m waiting to see if there’s any blood in his poo and if not do you think he’ll be alright ? Thanks. :)
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Base jumper

Postby splashy07 » Thu May 28, 2020 7:21 am

Well, first of all you should never carry a bt on your shoulder. They are very heavy and fall like a brick and should never be handled any more than two feet off the ground. Watch him closely for signs of injury, and to be sure I'd have him checked by a qualified exotic vet.
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Thu May 28, 2020 2:26 pm

Holy Toledo, I hope your guy is ok. Watch for labored breathing, blood in stool, not eating, etc. Also as previously mentioned never carry on your shoulders unless you have a secure hand on your skink. They are not a climbing lizard. They risk falling very easily. Prayers your baby will be ok
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby mb606587 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:16 pm

I had a skink escape an enclosure and fall about 5 ft. to the floor. It happens sometimes. Now you know to be more careful. As for my skink, he was fine. Yours probably is too. Just keep an eye on him for a few days. Monitor the limbs and watch for swelling as those are the most delicate.
ChristianH26
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby ChristianH26 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:53 pm

Thanks for the replies he appears to be okay a few days later still very Spritely. Definitely learnt my lesson and if any problems appear there’ll be a swift visit to the vets.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”