Page 1 of 1
Hi
Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 2:38 pm
by Dacton100
Hi everyone.
I’m Drew I’ve been keeping reptiles for around 10 years. I have recently rehomed my first BTS he’s 2yr old. He’s doing well eating pooping the normal stuff loves his head scratched. I just have one question I noticed the end of his tail looks quite different to the rest of him. Not sure if me being paranoid but want to make sure he’s ok.
Hopefully you guys can help me now and in future.
Thanks Drew
Re: Hi
Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm
by Janella
Hi and welcome. It is hard to tell exactly from your picture. I can't tell if the dark pigment is dead skin or just his normal color. Can you post better pictures? It could be stuck shed too, but I just can't tell with this one photo
Re: Hi
Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 2:18 am
by Dacton100
Thanks for the reply illl try and get a few pics when he’s back out. He was in shed when I got him but it looked like he had got it all off other than one foot that I helped with.
Re: Hi
Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 2:23 am
by Dacton100
Hopefully these are better
Re: Hi
Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 2:24 am
by Dacton100
These
Re: Hi
Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 5:26 am
by Janella
It is hard to tell but I think it is stuck shed.
Re: Hi
Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 5:55 am
by Dacton100
Thanks I’ll give him a good soak see if I can help it off
Re: Hi
Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:36 am
by Dacton100
Here are a few more pics just incase
Re: Hi
Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 1:13 pm
by Dacton100
So I contacted the person I rehomed him from. He’s tail has always been that colour so it’s just me getting worried.
Re: Hi
Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 4:04 pm
by Janella
These pictures do look like normal scales and pigment. Glad his previous owner confirmed it too. I wasn't sure if the dark scales were stuck shed from the pictures or normal color. Glad it looks like just his coloring.