What does gout look like in blue tongues?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Y33T
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

What does gout look like in blue tongues?

Postby Y33T » Thu May 14, 2020 3:58 am

Bajo’s toes look a little larger than usual I’m not sure if this is possible gout or it just looks a little weird bc he’s due to shed (hence his dull colouration). Or maybe he’s overweight, ive been giving him a tad too much bc I also have another blue tongue that’s huge so I’m used to giving him bigger meals, Bajo is half his size. I didn’t feed him this week to prep him for brumation. When spring comes I’ll put him on a diet.

He gets fed once a week, high quality grain free dog food and veg, I keep fruit as a rare-ish treat like once a month. Last meal he had was turkey and chicken dog food and rocket mix.
Basking spot is around 40-42’C
Cool end is 21’C
Humidity is 56%
Currently no UVB but I recently got an outdoor enclosure so he can get some natural sun, though I probably won’t put it to good use bc it’s almost winter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1.0.2 Tiliqua scincoides scincoides, Kirra, Bajo and Hestu <3
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Re: What does gout look like in blue tongues?

Postby Janella » Thu May 14, 2020 5:43 pm

He looks fine to me. I don't see anything wrong. A close up of the foot my help better though.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”