Uvb linear light and ceramic socket connected together

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Q.Ilyan
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Uvb linear light and ceramic socket connected together

Postby Q.Ilyan » Sun May 10, 2020 9:19 pm

Hi,

I recently got a new pvc tank. The problem with it is that the ceramic socket and the t5ho fixture are connected to each other and run into the same plug. There are switches outside that let me toggle either of them on and off, but my issue with that is that the stat turns off the heating and the uvb at the same time.

I'm worried it will break the uvb being that it's getting turned on and off when the desired temp is reached.

At the same time, I don't know how to rewire things. I took the tank because it was cheap.

Is it alright to let the uvb just do that?

Sorry if it seems dumb, i'm just unsure.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Uvb linear light and ceramic socket connected together

Postby splashy07 » Wed May 13, 2020 7:31 am

I would definitely wire them separately, but I am capable of doing this. If you are unsure perhaps a friend or someone with a bit more wiring experience can do this for you.
Q.Ilyan
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Uvb linear light and ceramic socket connected together

Postby Q.Ilyan » Wed May 13, 2020 8:18 am

Thank you

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”