DIY Solutions for an adventurous skink?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
MeepyMeeps
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

DIY Solutions for an adventurous skink?

Postby MeepyMeeps » Fri May 08, 2020 5:54 pm

Hello,
I've had my skink for almost a year now, and have been handling him fairly often. However, he seems bored more often lately and tends to start climbing his windows until he slides off the glass. I have a lot of finals to deal with at the moment so I can't handle as much. I also can't go out and search for new things to get him to play with (COVID-19). I was wondering if anyone has made anything at home for their skinks to climb up on. I don't want him to end up hurting himself (though he seems pretty hardy about slipping :lol: ). Of course, I understand that I may have to go out and get things, but I want to know if theres anything I can do without worrying about the virus too much.
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Re: DIY Solutions for an adventurous skink?

Postby Janella » Sat May 09, 2020 5:50 pm

I would just spend as much time with your skink as you can. Provide enrichment items, such as new hides, new foods, and even change their enclosure up to stimulate them. I wouldn't get anything to climb high on as they aren't climbers. They will go up and over things, but can't actually climb climb.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: DIY Solutions for an adventurous skink?

Postby splashy07 » Sun May 10, 2020 10:29 am

Agreed, and with their body type and weight they fall like a brick and can injure themselves.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”