Tanimbar BTS growth

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Silonal
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Tanimbar BTS growth

Postby Silonal » Tue May 05, 2020 3:47 pm

Hi! I’ve had my bts for over a month now and despite being a Tanimbar, they're pretty friendly and don’t huff much. They’re now 3 months old and have doubled in weight since I got them (13g to 27g). I’ve read that they generally grow slower and reach no more than 17 inches/45cm but can’t seem to find more information than that. I’m wondering around how long they take to reach full size(if they do take longer to reach full size).

Thanks in advance :D
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Tanimbar BTS growth

Postby mb606587 » Thu May 07, 2020 8:21 am

Never owned a Tanimbar but most skinks reach full size by 2 years, with a majority of the growth occurring during the first year.
Silonal
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Silonal » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:24 am

Since I haven’t found much, I’m just going to update:
at 5 months, little one is now 70 grams (there is white showing between scales so may be a little overweight but looks good)
Manny
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Manny » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:35 am

I've been reading everything I can find on tanimbars. I've seen them described as slow growing. Which doesn't really mean much if the reference doesn't state in relationship to what. The time frame I am seeing from most info I have found for adulthood is 2-3 years. Which falls inline with mb's experience.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”