Another question about supplementation

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Relle
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Another question about supplementation

Postby Relle » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:06 am

Hello everyone, I'm back with more questions. I'll be using a 100 watt powersun mvb for heat and light. My question is will I still need a vitamin with d3 supplement? Also wanted to know how often do I need supplement with plain calcium and a multivitamin? I apologize if this has been asked before, I searched around but couldn't quite find the answer I was looking for. I just wanted to make sure I have everything down before my skink gets here
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Another question about supplementation

Postby splashy07 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:41 am

What age will your skink be? For my babies and juveniles I add supplements to their food for the first year, or active growth period. I do not use UVB, but even when I did I would supplement at least twice a week during active growth, gestating, and after giving birth for my girls.
Relle
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Relle » Thu May 07, 2020 12:47 am

Hello. I will be getting a baby skink. I see where you said you supplemented twice weekly, would that be with calcium with d3? Also, how often should I use a multivitamin? I apologize if this has been asked before, I've searched many topics on this but I'm not really finding the answers I need on feeding and supplementation.

Also any specific brands of calcium I should use?
Relle
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Relle » Thu May 07, 2020 1:01 am

Ok, small update. I will not be using an mvb for heat. Instead I'll either be using an incandescent bulb or halogen bulb.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”