Sneezing

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
ChristianH26
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Sneezing

Postby ChristianH26 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:42 pm

Hi everyone I’m new here. I’ve had my Halmahera for about 6 months now and I think he’s about a year old now. He wasn’t in great condition when I got him but he seems to be up and running now. All temps and humidity seems to be in order with what I’ve read everywhere although there’s way too many completely conflicting ideas on how to keep such a specific sub-species such as the halmahera. Anyway, I’m not sure if it’s just because I’m stuck in my room because of the bloody Coronavirus but I definitely seem to have noticed stevie sneezing much more often. About every 10 mins. He’s quite active but I think it’s beyond just substrate in his nose. He has no other signs of problems such as respiratory infections. Thanks to anyone who’s taken the time to read my essay :D and any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Janella
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Re: Sneezing

Postby Janella » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:07 pm

Sneezing can be common in skinks. However, if you are hearing sneezes every 10 minutes that is excessive. I would keep an eye on your skink and definitely verify if indeed it is that often. Also watch for runny eyes or nasal discharge. If so I would recommend a vet visit.
kayla990
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Re: Sneezing

Postby kayla990 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:22 am

Janella wrote:All temps and humidity seems to be in order with what I’ve read everywhere although there’s way too many completely conflicting ideas on how to keep such a specific sub-species such as the halmahera.

To get an idea, what levels are you targeting? I agree with Janella that the amount sounds excessive. While likely a Halmahera (as seem to be common for us in Europe!), you can still post a picture for ID confirmation :D
- Hons. Degree Animal Management -4 years volunteer in a Zoo -10 years volunteer in animal shelters -Enclosure enthusiast

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”