Deformed Baby BTS

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Pale_Monarch
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Deformed Baby BTS

Postby Pale_Monarch » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:27 pm

Hello,
So I recently adopted a BTS that's assumably deformed.
What I mean by deformed is that it doesn't have a nose. My skink walks normally, and has normal reactions etc. But, my skink only licks its food.
I'm assuming that my skink is deformed because it it's only an estimated to be around a week old and had it been a battle wound it wouldn't have had enough time to heal.'m wondering, Does anyone else have a BTS with this deformity
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pale_Monarch
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Deformed Baby BTS

Postby Pale_Monarch » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:06 pm

what age do blue tongues start to eat live food?
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Re: Deformed Baby BTS

Postby Janella » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:05 pm

I have never seen anything like that before. When they are young it is best to start them on a high protein diet of cat food or dog food. Some people will feed live food already as well.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”