Dietary Ingredients, Are Any Of These Harmful?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Wolf9182
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Dietary Ingredients, Are Any Of These Harmful?

Postby Wolf9182 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:33 pm

I've been looking for something to feed my BTS, he's decided that he doesn't like most of normal foods anymore (he isn't not eating, still eats plenty of what he wants to eat, just not other things necessary for his diet), therefore i've been looking at alternatives. The current thing i've been wanting to try is the dry kibble that i get for my dog, its quite expensive, turkey based and artificial colour + flavour free, looking over the ingredients however i'm unsure if any would harmful / should be given in moderation, my main worries have been around coconut and fish oil.

Ingredients;
Turkey, Peas, Tapioca, Potato, Poultry Oil, Beet Pulp, Coconut Oil, Fish Oil, Linseed, Amino Acids, Tomato Pomace, Sweet Potato, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Kelp, Carrot, Broccoli, Blueberries, Chicory Root, Glucosamine, Green Tea and Rosemary Extracts.

Outside of that it does contain specific antioxidants, vitamins, etc and if any need to be avoided do specify.

Overall it was just a thought, though the extensive ingredient list would probably suggest it isn't a wise choice, otherwise i was thinking about buying some canned dog / cat food if anyone has any recommendations around that?
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Dietary Ingredients, Are Any Of These Harmful?

Postby mb606587 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:56 pm

Coconut and fish oil to my knowledge hasn't proven harmful to BTS.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”