Page 1 of 1

Ground turkey “natural flavorings”

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:57 pm
by SleepySkink
Hi everyone,

Harley is getting quite large and to save some money I am trying to meal prep. As I end up tossing a lot of old veggies and dog food. I was following a meal guide for April’s Bluey Chow. I know its not perfect, but for the time being I was going to resemble that diet. The challenge is with the turkey. It is good to understand I am a life long vegetarian so I never purchased meat outside pet food ever. I found an organic fresh ground(i was still going to heat it in a pan with water). However, I missed reading the ingredients of “natural flavoring”. I called the manufacturer and they said they can not say what natural flavoring is because it is proprietary rights. Should I give up on this turkey and just use another can of dog food? It is 2 cans of dog food, 8oz of turkey and lots of veggies. It is pretty tough to find good grounds here as we don’t really have a butcher outside grocery stores, I am in Alaska.

Re: Ground turkey “natural flavorings”

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:05 pm
by kingofnobbys
SleepySkink wrote:Hi everyone,

Harley is getting quite large and to save some money I am trying to meal prep. As I end up tossing a lot of old veggies and dog food. I was following a meal guide for April’s Bluey Chow. I know its not perfect, but for the time being I was going to resemble that diet. The challenge is with the turkey. It is good to understand I am a life long vegetarian so I never purchased meat outside pet food ever. I found an organic fresh ground(i was still going to heat it in a pan with water). However, I missed reading the ingredients of “natural flavoring”. I called the manufacturer and they said they can not say what natural flavoring is because it is proprietary rights. Should I give up on this turkey and just use another can of dog food? It is 2 cans of dog food, 8oz of turkey and lots of veggies. It is pretty tough to find good grounds here as we don’t really have a butcher outside grocery stores, I am in Alaska.


In that case you don't know exactly what's in it I'd consign it to the rubbish bin , if in doubt don't use it.

You can easily visit the supermarket deli section and buy 100g of lean raw unseasoned chicken or turkey mince and then just boil it.