Blue Tounge Skink not pooping
Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:15 am
Hello my 6 year old Blue Tounge Skink Lilly hasn't pooed in around 5 weeks. It is winter hear and she eats around once a week (we even then she doesn't fully eat her meal) and she has not lost any weight. She is a lazy lizard, and usually just stays burrowed the entire day, unless I take her out in which case she likes to explore around and is relitavly active.
I've taken her to the vet twice now, first time they said I should replace UV bulb ensure temps are hot enough, and keep her diet varied. I replaced the bulb, her hot area is around 35-40 (although she rarely come out) and Brough some new veggies to her diet. Went back 2 weeks later and they give her an enema (liquid form). Two days later (today) she has expelled all the goo but still no poo.
I've noticed in the past few weeks she tries to spend all her time in the cool part of her tank (near or under her water bowl). What am I doing wrong, although she seems normal this is seriously starting to worry me
I've taken her to the vet twice now, first time they said I should replace UV bulb ensure temps are hot enough, and keep her diet varied. I replaced the bulb, her hot area is around 35-40 (although she rarely come out) and Brough some new veggies to her diet. Went back 2 weeks later and they give her an enema (liquid form). Two days later (today) she has expelled all the goo but still no poo.
I've noticed in the past few weeks she tries to spend all her time in the cool part of her tank (near or under her water bowl). What am I doing wrong, although she seems normal this is seriously starting to worry me