What type of blue tongue skink do I have???

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Grimslife
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

What type of blue tongue skink do I have???

Postby Grimslife » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:16 pm

Intro: Ok I’m new to the site. And new to keeping BTS. I have Boas, Salamanders, Fish, Dogs, Parrots, Tarantulas. And now a Blue tongue skink.

Now my question I ordered a Baby Halmahera BTS. after ordering I was contacted by the seller and was told they where out of stock and where going to upgrade me to a Tamika BTS at no cost to me because the website said they had what I had ordered. I asked what the difference was and they said it’s pretty much the same just a higher end animal and cost about $80 more so I said ok and that was it. Now I’m new here but iv never heard of a Tamika BTS nor can I find any information on said BTS. I have attached some photos that I have and can take more if needed he’s just sleeping at the moment. Can anyone well me what exactly he is? So I at least know what I have for sure? Looking at photos I’m between a Halmahera and a Merauke. But I could be wrong. Any help would be great thank you all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: What type of blue tongue skink do I have???

Postby mb606587 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:24 am

Timika is a city in Papua, Indonesia and most likely the area your skink was sourced from. Your skink is simply Tiliqua Gigas gigas (Indonesian) with the locale information attached. Indonesian skinks are being more commonly marketed this way as some regions produce skinks with a distinct look. Halmahera, Aru Island, Timika, Sorong, and Maluku BTS are all examples of different locales of T. Gigas gigas.
Grimslife
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: What type of blue tongue skink do I have???

Postby Grimslife » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:13 am

mb606587 wrote:Timika is a city in Papua, Indonesia and most likely the area your skink was sourced from. Your skink is simply Tiliqua Gigas gigas (Indonesian) with the locale information attached. Indonesian skinks are being more commonly marketed this way as some regions produce skinks with a distinct look. Halmahera, Aru Island, Timika, Sorong, and Maluku BTS are all examples of different locales of T. Gigas gigas.

Ok thank you very much. I just wanted to make sure so I could have the parameters of his cage correct. I have done a lot of reading/watching and never heard anyone use Timika so it through me a little off. Appreciate the fast reply and the information Thx.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”