Can I give my skink a cookie

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
kmay5612
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Can I give my skink a cookie

Postby kmay5612 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:39 am

Not trying to seem stupid, or anything, but I was wondering if blue tongues can eat cookies? Obviously, I’m not just going to give him a cookie, nor do I plan on doing so, but I’m just genuinely curious. My best friend made a joking remark about how we should make him a cookie because she’s bored, but I’m not going to just give him a cookie. I know skinks can have eggs and that’s really the only dairy product in a cookie, but I’m just curious if flour and things like that are bad for him. So, long story, can a skink have a cookie?
kingofnobbys
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Re: Can I give my skink a cookie

Postby kingofnobbys » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:02 am

If in doubt don't.

Even if the skink eats some of it , it's probably not going to be able to process it properly in it's intestinal track.
Yeshika
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Yeshika » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:07 am

I really wouldn't try it. Best case scenario, the lizard eats it and gains no nutrition from it at all and nothing happens
Worst case scenario, massive vet bill. It's not made for the animal, so it's best to just not take risks.
lalat
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby lalat » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:07 pm

it may be possible to make a cookie for both human and skink consumption using say cricket ground powder etc wouldnt be much different from other dry foods, but the line between nice for skink and human may be a little, narrow

that said, i recently fried a mealworm, it was bloody nice

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”