How to help the poor guy?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Stega
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

How to help the poor guy?

Postby Stega » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:54 am

So i've had my bluey Monstro for almost three years now. I got him from a user on here (StaceyLeigh) when he was a few months old. Now hes grow into a strong lovely male bluey and will turn 3 on 5/29/2020. I love this guy to death, but I feel like i'm not providing as much as I could. I'm talking about some intercourse. I've seen him every mating season wanting out super badly and most likely wanting to find a girlfriend. Now as of right now i'm not in a situation to buy a female skink for him as I don't have a lot of money to spend ATM and I have no room for her :D . But I feel bad for him and want to know if there is something I can do for him. The most I have done is I take him out of his tank and let him roam around, but he tends to be very agitated and gets pretty hyper once I set him down. So any suggestions? I've thought about trying to find someone near me with a female BTS who would be willing to let Monstro mate with her, but i'm not very sure about doing so or the whole process after words cause wouldn't I basically have some sort of ownership of the babies (I dont understand BTS relationship laws XD)?

Thank you for any and all responses
splashy07

Re: How to help the poor guy?

Postby splashy07 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:19 am

Males will do this whether they breed or not. (I am a breeder.) A few of my males go into season around the end of January and do not settle down until mid-March. The females usually settle down right after but my males continue to tear up their cages well after they're done with what they had to do.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”