New Young Northern (basking question)
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:00 pm
Hi,
I have a new northern.
This is my 2nd skink.
My first one is an adult eastern, which I got as an eastern.
Their behaviors are different on almost every point.
The eastern was very shy, the northen is curious.
The eastern doesn't eat much, the northern baby always wanna eat.
But what I am questioning about now is the basking.
My eastern comes out and bask in the morning, then won't bask much all day.
My baby northern can stay under the heat lamp for 6-8 hours straight. This hotspot is from 100 to 110 depending on how I set the dimmer.
I know she needs more heat since she digest all the time, but I find 6-8 hours straight under the basking light might be alot.
Is it normal for younger skink (she is a 2019 baby).
Thank you,
Carl
I have a new northern.
This is my 2nd skink.
My first one is an adult eastern, which I got as an eastern.
Their behaviors are different on almost every point.
The eastern was very shy, the northen is curious.
The eastern doesn't eat much, the northern baby always wanna eat.
But what I am questioning about now is the basking.
My eastern comes out and bask in the morning, then won't bask much all day.
My baby northern can stay under the heat lamp for 6-8 hours straight. This hotspot is from 100 to 110 depending on how I set the dimmer.
I know she needs more heat since she digest all the time, but I find 6-8 hours straight under the basking light might be alot.
Is it normal for younger skink (she is a 2019 baby).
Thank you,
Carl