Please help. Wired akin under fod and wired behaviour

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
anton
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Please help. Wired akin under fod and wired behaviour

Postby anton » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:01 pm

Lets get al the data out of the way first and then the problem. He's enclosure is 150 x 60 x 60 centimeters. He has 2 hides. He has an heat lamp and a heat rock. At night it's 21 degrees Celsius and at the day it is about 28-29.

When he behaved weird i noticed he had a ruf tummy and i read it had something tl do with humidity so i changed his bedding, and it worked. But he still behaves wired and is not eating he's dog food but eats every insect he gets.

I also noticed some werid skin it looks like it is coming of. Like shedding. But it does not come of.

If any of you have any one of yiu have any advised. It would help my greatly.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Please help. Wired akin under fod and wired behaviour

Postby splashy07 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:11 pm

Please post a picture of your skink so we can identify and advise of proper husbandry.
anton
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby anton » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:08 am

I have gotten some advice from a veteran pet stor owner. So i changed the heat source. And have gotten him some new food
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby mb606587 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:11 pm

Glad you have somebody you can trust for advice. Was this person able to identify which species and subspecies of skink you own? I assume you were instructed to remove the heat rock as those powered by electricity have the potential to cause severe burns.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”