Merauke or Irian Jaya?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Taylorm101099
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Merauke or Irian Jaya?

Postby Taylorm101099 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:41 am

I rescued my blue tongue skink from the pet store i worked at about 5 months ago. He was not being properly taken care of and needed to see a vet but the owners of the pet store refused. I was told when I first acquired him that he was indeed merauke. I have become suspicious of this because of all the merauke blue tongues i have seen, they seem to be a great deal more faded in color, while my guy has thick red bands along his body. If it helps at all he has a moderate demeanor and is huffy at times but overall great, also he tested negative for parasites which leads me to think he was captive born. I really just want to be providing the exact correct care and give him the best life possible. The first two pictures are from when he was a baby and the second two are recent. Any input would be greatly appreciated!! (also he did have mites as a baby, which are visible in the photo. But he has since been treated for and successfully overcome)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Merauke or Irian Jaya?

Postby mb606587 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:18 pm

Definitely Irian Jaya. No worries though. The care for Meraukes and IJ's is virtually identical.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”