Cleaning your reptile

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Megz
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Cleaning your reptile

Postby Megz » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:42 am

Hi everyone,

So today my skink Gizmo had a big fresh wet poop that i tried to spot-clean however just as I got to his tank he decided it would be fun to walk right through it and get poop all over himself. :| I spot-cleaned the spot nonetheless and wiped down the poo smears I could see.

I know about cleaning and disinfecting the tank itself, but my question is more about disinfecting/cleaning your reptile. I usually them him into a clean sink with about 1-2inches of luke warm water and i let him sit in it for a couple minutes, and then i rub him down with a dry paper towel. Is that enough though? Is there a solution or something i can add to help disinfect him from the germs.

I usually let him out and he'll sit on the couch with me so I just dont want these types of germs spreading everywhere. Granted i know that they are 'germy' regardless being reptiles but i suppose seeing him walk through it really got to me lol.

Any thoughts?
splashy07

Re: Cleaning your reptile

Postby splashy07 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:12 pm

A quick bath or wipe down is enough. Everything comes off easily with the type of 'skin' they have.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”