Food crusted on mouth

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
EverydayThor
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Food crusted on mouth

Postby EverydayThor » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:58 am

Hi there,

Loki recently started to get some food crusted in the edge of his mouth (see pictures).
Should I do anything or will it go away on its own? Or does it look like it is something else?
It is visible on both sides of the mouth in the edges. I don't see anything red or sore that would indicate mouth rot...
(sorry for the upside-down picture, don't know why it is like that)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
splashy07

Re: Food crusted on mouth

Postby splashy07 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:11 am

It's nothing to worry about. If it is bothersome just wipe down with a warm damp paper towel and it should come right off. A few of mine are real slobs and it's a common occurrence!
EverydayThor
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby EverydayThor » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:11 am

Perfect! Loki didn't seem to mind but as a first time keeper, I'd rather ask once too often than miss something important.
Thank you once again!
splashy07

Postby splashy07 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:30 am

Ask away, that's what we are here for!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”